Protect Your Personal Information: What Documents Should Be Shredded?
September 21, 2021
Every time you receive a piece of mail or print a document with personal information, you could be exposing yourself to identify theft and fraud. Rheta Robertson, Partner at The Shred Mill, discusses how individuals and businesses can protect themselves by safely disposing of personal information.
In this episode, we will discuss:
- The safest way to dispose of paper documents in your home or office
- How to identify which documents need to be shredded
- How to safely store documents that you need to keep paper copies of for several years
- What is the difference between onsite shredding and offsite shredding
- What is a shredding event, and how you can find a shredding event near you
- What are the risks of not safely disposing of personal information
Contact Rheta Robertson:
410.534.2990 Ext. 200
This information is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide any investment advice or provide the basis for any investment decisions. You should consult your financial adviser prior to making any decision based on any specific information contained herein. It is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, any tax or legal advice. You should consult your tax or legal adviser prior to making any decision based on any specific information contained herein. The Prosperity Consulting Group is not affiliated with The Hoffman Group.