The Hoffman Group internship program is designed to give students real-world experience in public accounting, develop long-term professional relationships, and enhance their knowledge and skill set to make the students competitive job candidates upon completion.
As an intern at The Hoffman Group, don’t expect every day to be the same. Our interns are encouraged to learn all areas of accounting, tax, and audit to complement their understanding of each discipline and allow the students freedom to choose their own path. While the work is sophisticated, you’re never alone. Our interns work closely with Hoffman Group associates at all levels, from partners to staff, to ensure the students are on a path to success.
We understand that our firm’s success stems from the incredible people who work here. One goal of our program is to offer proficient interns full-time positions with The Hoffman Group. Our interns receive in-depth training on all software, various types of tax returns, and assurance engagements to perform real client work in a variety of industries. This hands-on experience allows our interns a seamless transition into their career upon graduation.
- Developing an understanding of the business and the role
- Developing technical skills on the job
- Working as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks
- Assisting with preparation of various assurance and tax engagements
- Participating in technical training
- Seeking to gain knowledge of client businesses and industries
- Effectively documenting work
- Identifying task issues as well as task progress in a timely and organized manner
- Actively pursuing self-development opportunities
- Building strong team relationship skills